September 21, 2017
Croft Students Recognized in The View from Ventress
The Croft Institute is well represented in this year’s issue of The View from Ventress, the annual publication by the University of Mississippi College of Liberal Arts.
- Page 6 highlights the “Tournées French Film Festival”, a joint initiative between Croft and the Department of Modern Languages to bring the best of French Cinema to campus.
- Page 7 features an article about our fall 2016 Alumni Panel with alumni Jessica Bryant (’07), Erin Callahan (’10), and Anthony Yuen (’08).
- Page 7 also congratulates current Croft student Margaret Dykes for winning a Chinese Government Scholarship for tuition, housing, and a monthly stipend for a year’s study in China.
- Page 8 credits Bryce Warden’s (’16) work with AmeriCorps VISTA to bring students from Quitman County Middle School to visit Ole Miss.
- Page 10 spotlights Miller Richmond’s (’17) thesis work with Croft associate professor of anthropology and international studies Dr. Kate Centellas.
- Page 11 spotlights Alex Martin’s (’17) interest in economic research.
- Page 21 includes a photo of the Class of 2020 cohort of Stamps Scholars, including Croft students Michaela Watson and James Asbill.
- Page 22 highlights Tyler Caple, Mary Frances Holland, and Chase Young (’17), Croft students who were recipients of the United States Department of State Critical Language Scholarships for summer study in 2017.
- Page 23 commends Class of 2017 graduates Madeleine Achgill and James DeMarshall for their reception of the prestigious Boren Scholarships for study abroad.
- Page 24 congratulates Croft associate professor of history and international studies Dr. Noell Wilson for her reception of the Fulbright US Scholar Award.
- Page 24 also congratulates Croft professor of Spanish Dr. John Gutiérrez for his award of Mississippi Humanities Council Humanities Teacher of the Year in 2016.
- Page 27 features an article about the generous financial gift of Dr. Jean Gispen and former Executive Director of the Croft Institute Dr. Kees Gispen to create the Croft Institute Enhancement Endowment.
Click the following to read the 2017 issue: The View from Ventress